Points of Pride
Our Points of Pride
- Sun Prairie West High School was established in 2022 as the 2nd comprehensive High School in Sun Prairie serving approximately 1300 students.
- Our SP West Equity Vision drives our work of who we are and who we are becoming as a new school community: Sun Prairie West High School is an intentional school community where students, staff and families feel seen, valued and heard. We work to: understand our own story and the story of others, identify and eliminate barriers; problem solve solutions; build relationships; actively listen to and lift the voices of our students, in order to create equitable opportunities and outcomes. Our community supports and empowers high expectations for all students and all staff so that all students are college, career and community ready.
- All students are encouraged to participate in at least one of our more than 30 clubs or more than 10 sports outside of the classroom
- At Sun Prairie West we intentionally plan for joy hosting monthly school and community wide celebrations of communities within our community including: Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month, Black History Month, Women’s History Month and PRIDE.
- Restorative Justice Principles and Practices are used to support a Culture of Care in our school, using restorative practices in our classrooms and hallways.
- We are an AVID and Developmental Designs school focused on rigorous and coherent teaching across our classrooms creating safe, engaging classrooms with high expectations and high support for all students to become college, career and community ready.
- Sun Prairie West has an adapted sports team in which our scholars with different abilities are able to compete and engage in soccer, floor hockey and whiffle ball with their peers across town at Sun Prairie East. Our staff and community are leading efforts to expand this program to other districts for our students to have increased opportunities for competition.