Athletic requirements for students participating in Prairie View sports (7th & 8th grade only): If your student is interested in participating in athletics at Prairie View, he/she will need the following:
- Extracurricular Participation & Physical Form: Click on the link below for a copy of this updated form. Please sign the upper portion and the bottom form is to be signed by your physician and return. Forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Concussion Acknowledgement Agreement: This will be acknowledged during the registration process, no paper copy needed.
- Athletic fee: A one time $26 athletic fee which is good for all sports at Prairie View Middle School.
- Boys and girls cross country: 7th & 8th grade only (September-October)
Boys and girls running club; 6th graders. These students will practice with the cross country students but WILL NOT attend meets. (September-October)
- Girls volleyball; 7th & 8th grade only (September-October)
- Boys and girls wrestling; 6th, 7th, and 8th grade (October-December)
- Boys basketball; 7th & 8th grade only (October-December)
- Girls basketball; 7th & 8th grade only (January-February) Girls Basketball Schedule, Online Athletic Registration Instructions
- Boys and girls track; 7th & 8th grade only (March-May)
All students interested in participating in a sport for the 2022-2023 school year will need to have an Extracurricular Participation & Physical Form. Bottom portion should be signed by a doctor and turned in before they can participate in any sport.
Do you need a sports physical quickly? Call CONCENTRA; they take walk- ins for sports physicals for $45. The address is: 1619 North Stoughton Rd, Madison, WI 53704. The phone number is :608-244-1213 .
Sports Sign-Up Information: (Available August 1st)
We are excited to announce that 7th and 8th grade sports sign up is going to be done online!
You will log in to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account to start the process.
Here is information to better explain this process.
Click HERE for step by step assistance.
You can also click HERE to view a video (thanks to Coach Swanson) with step by step instructions.
**At the end of the video he also explains how you can check to be sure you have signed up correctly.
A small tip to make things a little more smooth...the $26 Athletic fee has to be paid before options will populate in the school store IC.
To check to see what sport you have signed up for:
1. go to the school store
2. on the right, click on "My Accounts"
3. go to payment history
4. click on the search range and you should see what you have signed up for by clicking on "completed".
**Log In Issues? If you have trouble logging in to the parent portal or do not know how to do that, please contact our tech department rep., Ms. Wendorf at 608-834-6546. Or you are welcome to email Ms. Wendorf at: email@example.com
You can email completed physical forms to: Eliza Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need a physical?
Call Concentra (608)244-1213,
1619 N. Stoughton Rd, Madison, WI 53704.
They take walk-ins for sport physicals for $30.00.
The above forms can be turned into the main office or to your student's coach prior to the start of the season. Student athletes CANNOT participate if these forms have not been turned in. (However, they are still encouraged to attend practices and be part of the team until the forms are completed.)
If you have any questions, please contact:
Note: We encourage all in-person athletes to have their own transportation home, however, if you are a bus rider, you can take the activity bus home, please click on the following link:
Click on the links below to see a map of where our athletic teams play. Also if your student(s) is getting picked up early from a school sponsored event, Travel Permission Form needs to be filled out.
- Baraboo, Jack Young Middle School
- Beaver Dam Middle School
- Deforest Middle School
- Monroe Middle School
- Oregon Middle School
- Oregon (Rome Corners Intermediate)
- Portage Junior High
- John Muir Elementary, Portage
- Poynette MS/HS
- Pineview Elementary, Reedsburg
- Webb Middle School, Reedsburg
- River Bluff
- Sauk Prairie
- Lodi Middle School
- Mt. Horeb
Girls and Boys Cross Country
Girls and Boys Track and Field
Entrance Requirements for Entering Middle School and High School Events
Dear Sun Prairie Families,
As we gear up for our winter sports seasons, we would like to remind you about our entrance requirements for attending middle and high school athletic events. Students in grades 6 – 8 must enter with a parent or caregiver.
Students in grades K – 5 are required to enter and sit with an adult.
Things Students Can DO at Sun Prairie High School Games
- DO realize that attendance at high school games is a privilege not a right.
- DO plan to stay at the game. Once you leave, you may not re-enter.
- DO be accompanied and supervised by an adult (18 or older) if:
- Grades K – 5: enter and sit with an adult
- Grades 6 – 8: must enter with an adult
- DO have a valid school ID in order to get into the game if you are 6th-12th grade.
- DO be willing to present your ID when event staff asks to see it.
- DO leave athletic equipment, backpacks, and other non-essential items somewhere else.
- DO realize any gang related activity will not be tolerated.
- DO walk to the concession stands and restrooms. Loitering or running on the walkways is not acceptable.
- DO refrain from throwing anything, anywhere, anytime during the game.
- DO enjoy being with your friends at this community event.
- DO support both teams with positive cheers.
- DO understand school policy prohibits anything deemed to be disruptive, distracting, provocative, provoking, and/or intimidating that has a detrimental effect on the safe and educational atmosphere in the school environment. This includes identity-obstructive masks, full face paint, or any materials to be worn over the face during the school day or at school events. The Sun Prairie Area School District expects our students to remain positive and will not tolerate any racial, sexual, or other offensive comments/actions/attire.
- DO act with Cardinal Pride and take responsibility for your actions.
In the event a student is choosing not to DO any of the rules listed above, the following will take place:
- The student’s ID will be held and given to the student’s parent or principal.
- The student will immediately be removed from the game and an attempt will be made to contact parents/guardians.
- The student’s building principal will be contacted the following day.
- The student may lose the privilege of attending future games.
Thank you for discussing this with your students. We look forward to a great season.