Lyda M. Locke Scholarship
The annual Lyda M. Locke Scholarship is given to recognize the values and lifelong dedication to family demonstrated by Mrs. Locke. These values led her to ensure that her children had the education they needed to be successful In life.
Up to two scholarships are awarded each year.
- Scholarship winners receive a one-time $1,000 award.
- Scholarships are for undergraduate study for one year only and cannot be renewed.
- The scholarship is paid in two installments of $500 at the beginning of each semester.
- Verification of enrollment for each semester is required for payment.
- Scholarship checks are mailed to the school on behalf of the student.
How to Apply
To apply for the Lyda M. Locke Scholarship, interested students must submit:
- A completed application.
- An essay describing how Junior Achievement programs that you attended influenced your career planning goals. Please limit your essay to 500 words.
- Current, complete official high school transcript of grades.
- Two letters of recommendation — one from a business person, community leader or JA classroom volunteer and one from a teacher or school administrator.
All scholarship application materials should be postmarked by April 30, 2019.
The materials should be mailed to:
Junior Achievement of Wisconsin, Inc.
2800 Royal Avenue, Suite 207
Monona, WI 57313
Applications are available from your High School Guidance Office or by contacting: Junior Achievement of Wisconsin, Inc. Phone: 608.288.8201 email@example.com