The process of searching for scholarships can be very overwhelming but well worth it in the end. Remember, the more time and energy you put into completing scholarship applications, the more scholarships you will receive. Please use the information below to help in your search.
Students, Please Remember:
- All scholarship applications should be typed,
- and letters of recommendation should be requested at least two weeks before your deadline!
- groups/organizations looking to add their scholarship to our webpage
- SPHS Scholarship Night questions
- community businesses/organizations needing information on community/local scholarship process
- chairperson for SPHS Scholarship Night
- Deadline Information
- list of available scholarships
- Letters of Recommendation
- Scholarship Search Process
- FREE Websites for Scholarship Searches
- Additional Tips
Scholarships will be posted here as we are notified of them. Local and Community scholarship applications will become available late January to early February.
Scholarship information updated: 1/11/2019
- Search on our Student Services Website weekly below for new scholarships.
- You should receive scholarship applications from the colleges that you applied to. If not, check on each school's website, searching the word "scholarships" in the search bar.
- UW System School Scholarship websites can be found online in one collective location
- Various organizations in the Sun Prairie area community sponsor scholarships just for Sun Prairie High School students called the Local Scholarship. Complete the Local Scholarship application, which will become available on the Scholarship Website on Thursday, January 3, 2019, and will be due to Student Services no later than 3:30 pm on Friday, March 1, 2019.
- Complete corporate sponsored scholarships such as Burger King, McDonald’s, Wal-Mart, Target, Coca-Cola (applications usually due in October—check their website for the application).
- Never pay for free money! Scholarships should be FREE to apply!
- GOOGLE! Enter the words “Scholarships for ___________” and fill in the blank with anything that pertains to you. Ex: Blue eyes, left handed, soccer, flute, etc.
- Apply for scholarships that provide you the least amount of work for the most amount of gain.
- Apply similar pieces of information to multiple scholarships (ex: Using essays more than once).
- Complete your FAFSA – anytime after October 1, 2018.
- Attend FINANCIAL AID NIGHT
- September 20, 2018 at 6:00 pm or 7:00 pm in the SPHS PAC
- Attend COLLEGE GOAL WI
- Locations and times to be found on the website
- Bring necessary materials – list to be found on the website as well.