The process of searching for scholarships can be very overwhelming but well worth it in the end. Remember, the more time and energy you put into completing scholarship applications, the more scholarships you will receive. Please use the information below to help in your search.
Students, Please Remember:
- All scholarship applications should be typed,
- and letters of recommendation should be requested at least two weeks before your deadline!
- groups/organizations looking to add their scholarship to our webpage
- SPHS Scholarship Night questions
- community businesses/organizations needing information on community/local scholarship process
- chairperson for SPHS Scholarship Night
- Deadline Information
- list of available scholarships
- Letters of Recommendation
- Scholarship Search Process
- FREE Websites for Scholarship Searches
- Additional Tips
- SCHOLARSHIP AWARD NIGHT
Scholarships will be posted here as we are notified of them. Local and Community scholarship applications will become available late January to early February.
Scholarship information updated: 9/6/2019
- Search on our Student Services Website weekly below for new scholarships.
- You should receive scholarship applications from the colleges that you applied to. If not, check on each school's website, searching the word "scholarships" in the search bar.
- UW System School Scholarship websites can be found online in one collective location
- Various organizations in the Sun Prairie area community sponsor scholarships just for Sun Prairie High School students called the Local Scholarship. Complete the Local Scholarship application, which will become available on the Scholarship Website in January 2020, and will be due to Student Services no later than 3:30 pm on Friday, March 6, 2020.
- Complete corporate sponsored scholarships such as Burger King, McDonald’s, Wal-Mart, Target, Coca-Cola (applications usually due in October—check their website for the application).
- Never pay for free money! Scholarships should be FREE to apply!
- GOOGLE! Enter the words “Scholarships for ___________” and fill in the blank with anything that pertains to you. Ex: Blue eyes, left handed, soccer, flute, etc.
- Apply for scholarships that provide you the least amount of work for the most amount of gain.
- Apply similar pieces of information to multiple scholarships (ex: Using essays more than once).
- Complete your FAFSA – anytime after October 1, 2019.
- Attend FINANCIAL AID NIGHT
- Date and Time to be determined for 2019-20
- Attend COLLEGE GOAL WI
- Locations and times to be found on the website
- Bring necessary materials – list to be found on the website as well.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS NIGHT
When: Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Where: SPHS Performing Arts Center
What: Scholarship Awards Night is a program for our local and community scholarship donors to present a high school student recipient with their scholarship award. ONLY students receiving a scholarship or award at this event will receive an invitation in the mail approximately two weeks before the event. As many donors prefer to award funds privately, not receiving an invitation does not mean students are not receiving awards; they will just not be receiving that award at this event.
We are extremely proud of all our students who have received scholarships and awards from other outside organizations, colleges and/or universities. As much as we'd like to recognize these students at this event, we limit this evening to our community donors. Students will have the opportunity to submit awards they have received so we can recognize their scholarship awards in the Scholarship Night printed program as well as the graduation ceremony program.