Forms & Sign-Up Information
- Physical / Participation Form
- List of Current Physicals
- Concussion Form
- Blue Card
- Athletic Fees
- Sports Offered & Start Dates
- Freshman Sign-Up at CHUMS
This form is required for each student participating in athletics. This form is for the first sport each year, one per year. Signed by parent/guardian and the student-athlete.
- If your child is on the list as not needing a new physical, check the "alternate" year box. You still turn in this form for the first sport each year, this form also serves as agreement to the rules and regulations.
- If your physician gives you a separate form, that is fine, still return the physical/participation form, we will attach it to our form.
- We will NOT accept a print out from My Chart, or a print out detail of a physical. It must be a physical form signed, stamped and dated by the physician.
**Physicals dated after April 1 of the current school year are good for the current school year and the following school year. Physicals dated before April 1 of the current school year are good for that school year only.
If you are unable to get an appointment for a physical, you may want to consider "Concentra" on Stoughton Road in Madison. They offer walk-in physicals. Here is the information:
Concentra Medical Centers
1619 N. Stoughton Road
Madison, WI 53704
• Physicals are $45.00
• Available on a walk-in basis
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Monday through Friday
Athletes under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian or have a note signed by a parent or guardian.
Expect the exam to take one hour
An emergency information card (the blue card) is available in the high school athletic office and Cardinal Heights main office.
This form is required for each sport a student-athlete participates in. This form is turned in to the high school athletic office at the time of sign up, prior to the first day of practice.
Parent/guardian signature is required on this form. This form does not need to be signed by a physician.
If all forms are complete a gold practice permission card will be attached to the blue, these are given to the coach on the first day of practice.
Fees for each sport can be paid online in Infinite Campus. Fees are posted after the first day of official practice if students are placed on a roster. When fees are posted an email will be sent to notify parents that the fee is ready to be paid. Fees need to be paid within one week after this notice. Students whose fees not paid by the deadline will not be permitted to participate with the team.
Cross Country, Swim, Tennis
Cheer, Golf, Gymnastics, Pom/Dance, Track
Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Wrestling
Note: If a student-athlete is placed on a roster as a team member, is riding the bus, participating in team events regardless of practice or play, the fee is required. Team managers are not required to pay the fee.
Refunds: Within the first two weeks of practice the fee can be refunded. Fees are not refunded if a student quits the team beyond the two week point.
Fee Information: Click HERE for a printable version.
Free and Reduced Information:
School Nutrition Dept.: 608.834.6544
Apply each school year the first week of August.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR A SPORT?
Forms Needed Each Year:
PHYSICAL / PARTICIPATION FORM
~ once each year
- Check the alternate year box if you don't need a new physical. You still turn in the form even if it's the alternate year.
- If you have a separate doctors form, we can attach it to this form.
- Doctors form must include clinic stamp, physician's signature & date of physical.
- We don't accept the clinic "summary of the visit" information sheet given to patients..
~ once each year
~ for each sport
For Each Additional Sport in the Same School Year:
~ blue card
Where Do I Turn in the Forms?
All forms must be turned in to the high school athletic office to sign up for a sport for grades 9-12. When all forms are in a gold practice permission card will be issued to the student to submit to the coach on the first day of practice.
The high school athletic office is located just inside the front doors of the high school to your right.
Freshman Students at Cardinal Heights:
For the winter and spring sports seasons, you can sign up during the freshman lunch at Cardinals Hgts. Listen for announcements as to when we will have a table set up during the freshman lunch for you to pick up and turn in sports forms. We come over about 4 times prior to the start of the winter & spring sports seasons, usually on Wednesday's.
- Travel Permission Form
- Athletic Grade Check Form
- Rules and Regulations 2019-2020
- Student Accident Insurance
- STUDENT SPORTS SURVEYS
All students participating in a sport need to sign this agreement each year. The physical/participation form is the form required for all student-athletes. This is turned in to the athletic office.
Club advisors collect forms for students participating in a club.
Sun Prairie School District has made available student accident insurance coverage for your child on a voluntary basis through Markel Insurance Company. Parents/guardians can choose the type of coverage that best fits their student's needs; School Time Coverage, Around the Clock Coverage, and Interscholastic Football Coverage.
Reasons to Purchase this Coverage:
- High deductible and co-pays in your health plan. Many health plans have increased the amount of out-of-pocket expenses.
- No insurance. If you have no other insurance, this can become your primary accident plan.
- This plan will provide benefits for medical expenses incurred because of an accident.
For more information or to enroll, please visit Markel at or call 877.444.5014. Seven Corners, Inc. is Markel's administrator for this program.