Forms & Sign-Up Information
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR A SPORT?
WHAT FORMS DO I NEED TO SIGN UP FOR A SPORT?
All forms must be turned in to the high school athletic office to sign up for a sport for grades 9-12.
For the first sport of each school year:
1. PHYSICAL / PARTICIPATION FORM
IMPORTANT: re: physical/participation form
- Check the alternate year box if you don't need a new physical, you still submit this form once each school year.
- If you have a separate doctors form, we can attach it to this form.
- Doctors form must include physician's signature & date of physical.
2. CONCUSSION FORM (once each year)
3. BLUE CARD (for each sport)
For another sport in the same school year:
- blue card
Freshman Students at Cardinals Heights:
You can sign up during the freshman lunch at Cardinals Hgts. Listen for announcements as to when we will have a table set up during the freshman lunch for you to pick up and turn in sports forms. We come over about 4 times prior to the start of the winter & spring sports seasons.
- Physical / Participation / List of Current Physicals
- Concussion Form
- Blue Card
- ATHLETIC FEES
- SPORTS OFFERED & START DATES
This form is required for each student participating in athletics. This form is for the first sport each year, one per year. Signed by parent/guardian and the student-athlete.
NOTE: If your child is on the list as not needing a new physical, check the "alternate" year box.
List of Current Physicals:
Click HERE for a list of students not needing a new physical for the current school year.**
**Physicals dated after April 1 of the current school year are good for the current school year and the following school year. Physicals dated before April 1 of the current school year are good for that school year only.
An emergency information card (the blue card) is available in the high school athletic office and Cardinal Heights main office.
This form is required for each sport a student-athlete participates in. This form is turned in to the high school athletic office at the time of sign up, prior to the first day of practice.
Fees for each sport can be paid online in Infinite Campus. When fees are posted an email will be sent to notify parents that the fee is ready to be paid. Fees need to be paid within one week after this notice. Fees not paid by the deadline will not be permitted to participate with the team.
Cross Country, Swim, Tennis
Cheer, Golf, Gymnastics, Pom/Dance, Track
Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Wrestling
Note: If a student-athlete is placed on a roster as a team member, is riding the bus, participating in team events regardless of practice or play, the fee is required. Team managers are not required to pay the fee.
Refunds: Within the first two weeks of practice the fee can be refunded.
Fee Information: Click HERE for a printable version.
- Travel Permission Form
- Athletic Grade Check Form
- Rules and Regulations 2018-2019
- STUDENT SPORTS SURVEYS
- Student Accident Insurance
All students participating in a sport need to sign this agreement each year. The physical/participation form is the form required for all student-athletes. This is turned in to the athletic office.
Club advisors collect forms for students participating in a club.
Sun Prairie School District has made available student accident insurance coverage for your child on a voluntary basis through Markel Insurance Company. Parents/guardians can choose the type of coverage that best fits their student's needs; School Time Coverage, Around the Clock Coverage, and Interscholastic Football Coverage.
Reasons to Purchase this Coverage:
- High deductible and co-pays in your health plan. Many health plans have increased the amount of out-of-pocket expenses.
- No insurance. If you have no other insurance, this can become your primary accident plan.
- This plan will provide benefits for medical expenses incurred because of an accident.
For more information or to enroll, please visit Markel at or call 877.444.5014. Seven Corners, Inc. is Markel's administrator for this program.