Concerns & Complaints
We recognize that students, parents, employees and community members may occasionally have comments, concerns, or questions that they wish to express to school administration. Please see Policy BDDI and Procedure BDDI-R regarding Procedures For Responding to Public Concerns, Complaints, or Suggestions for Improvement.
LEVELS OF REVIEW & RESOLUTION
Consistent with the policy of resolution at the level most directly and appropriately involved while providing opportunities to appeal such decision to higher levels, concerns, suggestions for improvement or complaints shall proceed through the following steps. Complaints are not permitted to progress to the next higher level until effort is made to resolve the concern at the appropriate lowest level. Please submit your concern or complaint in writing.
Step 1 - Teacher, Coach, or Other Staff Person Directly Involved Step
Step 2 - Building Principal, Athletic Director, or Immediate Supervisor Step
Step 3 - Director of Student Policy and School Operations
Step 4 - School Board
- Employee Discrimination and Harassment (Policy GB & Procedure GBA-R)
- STUDENT DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT (POLICY JB & PROCEDURE JB-R)
- Special Education (POLICY IGBA)
- Entrance Age (POLICY JEB & PROCEDURES JEB-R(1) & JEB-R(2))
- Complaints About Learning Materials and the Curriculum (POLICY KLB & PROCEDURE KLB-R)
- Extra-Curricular Rules and Regulations
- Promotion Criteria for Grades 3-8 (POLICY IKE)