Welcome to Sun Prairie East High School - Home of the Cardinals!
Welcome to Sun Prairie East High School! Sun Prairie East serves 1,400 students in grades 9-12. The school opened in 2010 and is one of the most state-of-the-art high schools in Wisconsin. In addition to core classes, students may earn their Certified Nursing Assistant license, study culinary arts, learn home construction while building a home, and so much more!
Our Points of Pride
- Sun Prairie East High School, previously known as Sun Prairie High School is one of two comprehensive high schools in Sun Prairie serving a diverse population of 1,300 scholars with approximately 175 devoted staff members.
- Supporting our scholars using Restorative Philosophy and Practices, Sun Prairie East High’s Culture of Care is essential and interwoven throughout a scholar’s experience here.
- As a PBIS model school, scholars demonstrate CARES (Community, Accountability, Respect, Empathy and Safety) and are able to redeem their tokens in our PBIS school store.
- We are an AVID school incorporating Developmental Design instructional strategies to support staff with the delivery of rigorous, cultural, relevant instructional which is engaging, affirming and meaningful to them.
- With extensive course selections, 9 - 12 scholars can engage in various art classes, an award winning music program, woodshop, auto mechanics, welding, AP classes, STEM, Firefighter Academy, CNN, Early College Now through our partnership with Madison College.
- With over 50 clubs and organizations along with Fall, Winter, Spring sports, Sun Prairie East scholars are able to continue their connection outside of the classroom.
- Along with our extracurricular opportunities, scholars can also engage in student groups; such as MSAN (Multicultural Student Association Network), HSU (Hispanic Student Union), BSU (Black Student Union), Asian American Student club, Student Council, and THRIVE team which foster scholars’ voice and advocacy.