Food Resources in Dane County
Click here for an 8-page list from Dane County website
Baraboo School District
Baraboo School District ill be starting their lunch (and next morning breakfast) pick-ups at 2 locations on March 30th. Until then, there are 3 local agencies that are supporting with lunch or boxed food pick-ups. All information is below.
- Al Behrman - 400 Mulberry Street (11:00-1:00, starts 3/30)
- Lunch (and breakfast) Pick-ups
- Baraboo High School - 1201 Draper Street (11:00-1:00, starts 3/30)
- Lunch (and breakfast) Pick-ups
- Baraboo Children’s Museum - 1212 8th Street (11:30-12:30 M-F until 3/27)
- Drive-Thru Sack Lunch Pick-ups
- Head Start - 1531 Lake Street (12:00-1:00 pm starts 3/20)
- First Presbyterian Church - 416 Ash Street (12:00-12:30, 3/18-3/25)
DeForest Area School District
District Plan: For meals on Tuesday and Wednesday see information below about Blessings in a Backpack.
- Breakfast and lunch meals will be available for pick up each day. The program is available for any child 18 years old or younger.
- Blessings in a Backpack information: On Tuesday, March 17 and Wednesday, March 18, 10 am - noon, Blessings in a Backpack is offering families the opportunity to pick up breakfast and lunch meals in the lower level of the Holum Education Center (520 E. Holum Street, DeForest)
- If you are interested in accessing this service, you will be required to submit an order daily using this FORM. A new order form will be available each day, with a link on our district website. If you are unable to use the form to place your order, please call 608.842.6537. We are working with Kobussen Bus Company to deliver to specific sites throughout the district. Food service staff will communicate pick up locations with those families who submit the order form.
Neighborhood Meal Sites in Madison (children living in Madison are eligible - not required to attend MMSD schools). Click on the link for most up-to-date information but as of 3/19/20:
- A take-home breakfast and lunch will be provided in pre-packaged paper bags at each drop-off site, once per day.
- Meals will be distributed at these sites to children from a food truck stationed outside of the school building.
- East High School- (Outside) 4th Street Entrance-Welcome Center (1:00-1:45pm)
- La Follette High School- (Outside) Main Entrance-Welcome Center (12:00-12:45pm)
- Memorial High School- (Outside) Main Entrance-Welcome Center (11:00-11:45am)
- Leopold Elementary- Upper Parking Lot Near Main Entrance (11:00-11:45am)
- Sherman Middle/Shabazz High- Parking Lot off Ruskin Street (12:00 - 12:45pm)
- Cherokee Heights Middle- Sidewalk Near Front Door (12:00 to 12:45pm)
- Toki/Orchard Ridge- Bump Out on Whitney Way (1:00-1:45pm)
- Hawthorne Elementary- Circle Drive Near Front Office (1:00-1:45pm)
- Lake View Elementary- Circle Driveway (11:00 to 11:45am)
- Allied Drive - Boys and Girls Club- Parking Lot at 4619 Jenewein Rd (12:00 to 12:45pm)
- Lincoln Elementary- Parking Lot (1:00 to 1:45pm)
- Badger Rock Middle School- Main Entrance (11:00 to 11:45am)
- Sandburg Elementary- Parking Lot (10:15-10:45)
- Owl Creek Area- Corner of Horned Owl & Snowy Owl Drive (10:15-10:45)
- Mendota Community School- Parking Lot (10-10:30)
McFarland School District
Meal Distribution: Pick up a GRAB & GO lunch and breakfast for the next day. These are free to all children under the age of 18. Students must be present in the car to receive food.
Offering meals to all students, not just students in their district. Families have to order food the night before and pick it up at one of the pick up sites, or have it dropped off if they have extenuating circumstances. Not sure if they would drop off outside of Monona. Here's the meal link: https://mononagrove.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e2iLe80pKCyHlv7
Sauk Prairie School District
Breakfast and lunch to all families (regardless of income) M-F. All families need to call to register @ 608-643-5983.5
- Sauk Prairie High school ( 11:00-1:00)
- Merrimac Elementary (11:00-11:45)
- Tower Rock Elem. (11:00-11:30)
- Bluffview Community Bldg. (11:00-12:00)
- Roxbury (St. Norbert's-11:00-11:30)
For children aged 18 and under. Parents/guardians who sign up will receive a prepackaged lunch for the current day and a prepackaged breakfast for the next day (students will receive both).
- To request meals for your student(s), sign up below by 2:00 p.m. each day. You may also submit for all days at once. These meals are FREE for all students regardless of free and reduced meal status
- How: Please fill out this Google Form to sign up for free meals. This form will help the district ensure that enough food is prepared for all students that need it. Students or parents/guardians should check in when arriving.
- At the main entrances of:
- Kegonsa Elementary (11:00-11:30am)
- River Bluff Middle School (11:00-11:30am)
- Stoughton High School (11:00-11:30am)
- Bayview Heights (corner of Charles and Norman at the top of the hill) (11:00-11:30am)
Verona Area School District
Other students residing in our district can get their meals here as well.
Meal Distribution: Free cold lunches and breakfasts will be available for all students age 18 and under on a grab-and-go basis.
- Harriet Park Shelter, 414 Mary Lou St, Verona (10:30-11:30am)
- Nakoma Heights Community Room, 4929 Chalet Gardens Rd, Fitchburg (10:30-11:30am)
- Stone Crest Apartments Community Room, 5673 King James Ct, Fitchburg (10:30-11:30am)
Waunakee School District
Free breakfasts and lunches will be available for all Waunakee Community School District students in need on a grab-and-go basis starting Monday, March 23rd. There is no registration involved and children do not need to provide their names.
Pick-up location will be at Waunakee High School Door 1 (main door) and Door 19 (door by the fieldhouse). Meals will be distributed from 7:30-9:00am and 4:00-5:30pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. On Mondays and Wednesdays, multiple meals will be distributed to cover two days.