Food Resources in Dane County (Last Updated 06/17/2020)
Click here for an 8-page list from Dane County website
Madison Metro School District
Neighborhood Meal Sites in Madison (children living in Madison are eligible - not required to attend MMSD schools). Beginning June 22nd:
- Social distancing practices will be followed: Meals cane be picked up by parents and/or students to take off site. No meals will be consumed on site. Breakfast & lunch are provided at the same time. All children under 18 years old and under are eligible to participate.
- 11-11:30: Mendota Elementary, Lapham Elementary, Sandburg Elementary, Glendale Elementary, & Jefferson Middle
- 11:45am - 12:15pm: Lake View Elementary, Emerson Elementary, Hawthorne Elementary, Badger Rock Middle, Toki Middle
- 12:30-1pm: Sherman Middle, Schenk Elementary, Allis Elementary, Lincoln Elementary, Midvale Elementary
- 1:15-1:45: Leopold Elementary
- Community Site serving times will vary per site. Sites include: Allied Learning Center, Neighborhood House, Elver Park Neighborhood Center, Midvale Baptist, MSCR East, Packers Apartments, Northport Apartments, Boys & Girls Club Allied, Boys & Girls Club Taft.
DeForest Area School District
District Food Plan
- Daily breakfast and lunch service is available for children 18 years old or younger (or ages 19-21 if enrolled at DASD). Lunches consist of a sandwich, fruit, vegetables, snack and milk. The breakfast kit includes cereal/cereal bars or crackers, juice, fruit and milk. Meals and delivery times are delivered via school buses to designated neighborhood locations after determining how many and where students are located. Meals are free of charge to all children.
- Families are asked to complete the form each week located on DASD website. Orders will be filled up to 12 noon the day before delivery. Therefore, by 12 noon on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
Deliveries will be made on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays
- Monday: 2 breakfast and 2 lunch meals
- Wednesday: 2 breakfast and 2 lunch meals
- Friday: 1 breakfast and 1 lunch meal + Blessings in a Backpack bag for the weekend
- Steve Rammer from Kobussen Buses, Ltd. and DASD Food Service Supervisor Becky Terry will email you the location and time for pick up of your meals. We will ask for your children's name when picking up meals if they are unable to come to the pick up location
Monona Grove (June 15- July 17th)
- For most updated information call Marget Breunig Clark and 608-334-4308 or email@example.com. Or visit the Monona Grove School District Facebook page.
- Any child and family who needs food are eligible, no questions asked!
- Served at Monona United Methodist Church Mon-Fri from 11:45am - 12:15pm to grab a brown bag lunch. Lunches will be set outside on an table in the parking lot or can be placed in your car trunk. Social distancing practices will be followed.
Sauk Prairie School District (Through June)
Sauk Prairie Meal Service info (link)
- Serving meals on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays throughout the month of June. Last meal distribution day will be on Monday, June 29.
- To receive meals, please let a staff member know at your pick up location or call 608-643-5983
- Please include the following information: Your name, Your phone number, Number of meals needed, Which area will work best for you for your delivery site
- To assist in avoiding large group gatherings and to maintain social distancing, we will have the following “Delivery-Grab & Go Locations”:
Verona Area School District (Through August 30th)
Free cold lunches and breakfasts are available through August 30 for all students age 18 and under on a grab-and-go basis on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays as families will be able to collect two days’ worth of meals on those days. The distribution sites and times are:
10:30-11:30 a.m. Nakoma Heights Community Room, 4929 Chalet Gardens Rd, Fitchburg
10:30-11:30 a.m. Stone Crest Apartments Community Room, 5673 King James Ct, Fitchburg
12:00-1:00 p.m. New Fountains Apartments Tennis Court Area, 5401 Williamsburg Way, Fitchburg
10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Hometown Junction Park (located on the bike path near the water fountains), 101 W. Railroad St, Verona
Waunakee School District
- Pick-up location is at Waunakee High School- Door 19 (Field House Entrance).
- Meals will be distributed from 8:00-9:00am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Multiple meals will be distributed to cover multiple days.
- There is no registration involved and children do not need to provide their names. Children do not need to be present to collect the meals. If you have questions, please contact Connie Vacho at firstname.lastname@example.org