Sun Prairie Area School District staff members work collaboratively with our district transportation provider, Kobussen Buses, to keep students safe while riding the bus.
We use the "Kobussen Cares" logo to highlight our expectations for all bus riders and drivers. To support SAFETY for all, our EXPECTATIONS are that everyone demonstrates RESPECT through APPROPRIATE bus behavior on a CONSISTENT basis.
To meet these EXPECTATIONS, all bus riders need to:
- Sit down when they get on the bus,
- Face forward when seated,
- Keep the aisle clear so everyone can move safely,
- Keep voices quiet so everyone can enjoy their ride and hear instructions,
- Keep hands to themselves, and
- Do not eat on the bus to keep it clean and sanitary.
We appreciate parents/guardians, district staff, and bus drivers for reminding students that KOBUSSEN CARES!
Important Reminders Regarding Busing
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes early to your stop in the morning.
- Students must show their bus tag in order to ride the bus. Lost or damaged tags can be replaced by school office staff.
- Students that need to cross in front of the bus must wait for the driver to signal before walking.
- Busing information can be found in the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
- Families needing transportation to/from an alternate location (child care (grades K-5 only) or secondary household) must complete the appropriate request form found below.
- If parents/guardians have any questions or concerns, including a bus arriving early or late, pickup/drop-off times, a bus driver, or item left on the bus, they should contact Kobussen at 608.825.8700.
- What do I need to do to sign my child up for the bus?
- How do I know if my child is eligible for busing?
- Can you make an exception if my child is not eligible?
- Where can I find my child's busing information?
- What does my child need in order to ride the bus?
- Does my child need to have his/her bus tag every day?
- Where can I get a new bus tag if my child loses or damages his/hers?
- How do I get busing from two separate households?
- How do I set up busing to/from child care?
- How do I find new busing information if/when we move?
- What is the maximum length of time for a bus route?
- Is there an activity bus my child can ride?
- I can't see the bus stop from my house, but the bus comes right past the house. Why can't it stop at my house?
- I have a concern about my child's bus stop, how can I get it changed?
- My child missed the bus/the bus is running late. Who do I contact?
- My child left something on the bus. Who do I contact?
- I have a concern about my child’s bus driver/other children on the bus/bullying, etc. Who should I contact?
Kobussen Bus Company
Click on their name to reach their email.
Special Education Dispatcher