The Sun Prairie Area School District works collaboratively with our District transportation provider, Kobussen Bus Company to transport our students.
Information on Unusually Hazardous Transportation Plan
May 1, 2023: Unusually Hazardous Tranportation Plan Open House Agenda
April 2023 Update: TADI's Report on Unusually Hazardous Transportation Plan
Fall 2022: TADI's Report on Unusually Hazardous Transportation Plan
November 10, 2021: Video Presentation
We work collaboratively with Kobussen Bus Company to keep students safe while riding the bus.
We use the "Kobussen Cares" logo to highlight our expectations for all bus riders and drivers. To support SAFETY for all, our EXPECTATIONS are that everyone demonstrates RESPECT through APPROPRIATE bus behavior on a CONSISTENT basis.
To meet these EXPECTATIONS, all bus riders need to:
- Sit down when they get on the bus,
- Face forward when seated,
- Keep the aisle clear so everyone can move safely,
- Keep voices quiet so everyone can enjoy their ride and hear instructions,
- Keep hands to themselves, and
- Do not eat on the bus to keep it clean and sanitary.
We appreciate parents/guardians, district staff, and bus drivers for reminding students that KOBUSSEN CARES!
Important Reminders Regarding Busing
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes early to your stop in the morning.
- Students must show their bus tag in order to ride the bus. Lost or damaged tags can be replaced by school office staff.
- Students that need to cross in front of the bus must wait for the driver to signal before walking.
- Busing information can be found in the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
- Families needing transportation to/from an alternate location (child care (grades K-5 only) or secondary household) must complete the appropriate request form found below.
- If parents/guardians have any questions or concerns, including a bus arriving early or late, pickup/drop-off times, a bus driver, or item left on the bus, they should contact Kobussen at 608.825.8700.
- How do I sign my child up for busing?
- How do I know if my child is eligible for busing?
- Are exceptions made for children who are non-eligible?
- Where can I find my child's busing information?
- What does my child need in order to ride the bus?
- What if my child loses or damages the bus tag?
- Can my child be bused from two separate households?
- How do I set up busing to/from child care?
- How do I find new busing information if/when we move?
- What is the maximum length of time for a bus route?
- Is there an activity bus?
- Why can't the bus stop at my house?
- How do I get my child's bus stop changed?
- Who do I contact if my child missed the bus/the bus is running late?
- My child left something on the bus. Who do I contact?
- I have a concern about my child’s bus driver/other children on the bus/bullying, etc. Who should I contact?
- Transportation Statistics