Safety & Security
What Does Safety Mean to You?
Creating and maintaining a safe and secure environment is our first and most important job in the Sun Prairie Area School District!
It means taking the time to be PREPARED and work to PREVENT unsafe situations. It means recognizing potential hazards and taking the appropriate steps to protect yourself, students, colleagues, visitors, family and friends.
Help us create a safe and supportive school environment for all students! As part of our ongoing efforts to maintain safe and supportive learning environments, our e-Tip Line gives students and parents an easy, anonymous way to report unsafe situations.
The e-Tip Line allows students and parents to report weapons, threats of violence, bullying, sexual harassment, threat of suicide, drugs, and any other activity that could potentially endanger students, staff, and property. By using the e-Tip Line, students and parents can help keep schools safe.
Developing a Safety Mindset
Everyone should develop the habit of thinking about safety in every situation - at school, at work, throughout traveling, at home, in the community, or on vacation. Stop and think about safety before every activity.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Have I done all I can to learn about keeping my students, my colleagues, my family, and myself safe?
- Have I reviewed the available Emergency Procedures?
- Do I know and understand the safety procedures for any activity that my students, my family members, and I am involved in?
- Have I taken additional training to be well prepared at school, work, home, and in the community?
- Do I have the correct tools and other equipment I need to do the job safely?
- Are the tools the correct ones? Are they in good condition? Do I know how to use them properly and safely?
- What personal protective equipment do I need? Is it in good condition? Is it adequate?
- Are there other risks to my safety or the safety of others?
- What if something happens quickly or unexpectedly? Do I know how to respond to avoid injury?
Thank YOU for your strong contributions to creating and maintaining a Culture of Safety!
EVACUATION STATEMENT FOR MOBILITY IMPAIRED/DISABLED PERSONS
We recognize the importance of evacuating people from our buildings in an emergency. We are adding Evac Chair's (where appropriate) in all of the Sun Prairie Area School District buildings for safe egress of mobility impaired/disabled persons as per our evacuation planning.
We are Proud!
The Sun Prairie Area School district has several staff who are certified or completing certification as a Wisconsin School Safety Coordinator, through the Wisconsin School Safety Coordinator Association.
If you have questions on safety or ideas to support our work, please contact:
Shelley Joan Weiss
Audio Visual intercom entry systems are installed . . . read more!
Cardinal Heights Upper Middle School had a meeting with parents/guardians to talk about safety at the school.