Safety & Security
What Does Safety Mean to You?
Creating and maintaining a safe and secure environment is our first and most important job in the Sun Prairie Area School District!
It means taking the time to be PREPARED and work to PREVENT unsafe situations. It means recognizing potential hazards and taking the appropriate steps to protect yourself, students, colleagues, visitors, family and friends.
Everyone should develop the habit of thinking about safety in every situation - at school, at work, throughout traveling, at home, in the community, or on vacation. Stop and think about safety before every activity.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Have I done all I can to learn about keeping my students, my colleagues, my family, and myself safe?
- Have I reviewed the available Emergency Procedures?
- Do I know and understand the safety procedures for any activity that my students, my family members, and I am involved in?
- Have I taken additional training to be well prepared at school, work, home, and in the community?
- Do I have the correct tools and other equipment I need to do the job safely?
- Are the tools the correct ones? Are they in good condition? Do I know how to use them properly and safely?
- What personal protective equipment do I need? Is it in good condition? Is it adequate?
- Are there other risks to my safety or the safety of others?
- What if something happens quickly or unexpectedly? Do I know how to respond to avoid injury?
Thank YOU for your strong contributions to creating and maintaining a Culture of Safety!
Letter from Superintendent Saron about safety
We are Proud!
The Sun Prairie Area School district has several staff who are certified or completing certification as a Wisconsin School Safety Coordinator, through the Wisconsin School Safety Coordinator Association.
School Safety Plans - Policy EBC
Wisconsin School Safety Coordinators Association