PROCEDURE IICC-R VOLUNTEER PROCEDURE
Adopted by the Administration: August 4, 2004
Revised by the Administration: March 12, 2007; December 14, 2009; September 22, 2010; January 22, 2021
IICC, School Volunteers; IICC-E, Code of Ethics for Volunteers
KK, Visitors to the Schools During the School Day
KK-R, Procedures for Implementing School Visitor Policy
School Board policy requires that all volunteers complete a National Criminal History Background Check.
Volunteers, as defined by Policy IICC, are “adult volunteers who consistently and routinely volunteer in the schools for educational purposes and have access to confidential student information and/or unsupervised contact with students.”
The following outlines the steps required:
1. The volunteer should use the link provided on the District website to complete their background check.
2. Upon completion of the background check, the volunteer will receive an email from Raptor informing them of the results of the background check. If something appears on the background check that was not disclosed or causes concern the Human Resources department will reach out to that individual to gather information and make a determination.
3. Volunteers will have to check-in at the front office every time they come to volunteer. They will receive a badge that the volunteer must display at all times.
4. It is the responsibility of school staff to make sure that all individuals are approved and have checked in with the front office prior to volunteering.
5. Potential volunteers who have not completed a successful background check shall not be provided unsupervised access to students or to confidential student information.
6. School administrators retain the authority to approve, deny, or revoke the privileges of school volunteers and the tasks they perform in the schools at any time.