Rent a Facility
Thank you for hosting your event with us. These pages contain important information and resources to help answer all of your logistical questions about using our space. Please review all relevant sections and direct any questions to Betsy Wolfe via email or 608.478.1725.
The venue rental process starts with the Facility Use Request process. You must be approved as a Sun Prairie School District facility use requester, in order to rent a facility. Additionally, organizations not affiliated with the District are required to have a certificate of insurance in the amount of $1,000,000. Proof of non-profit status must be submitted to receive the non-profit fee structure. Please click here to complete this process. Please also be aware that rental of any performing arts space will require a staff member to be present. Fees associated with this staffing will be applied after the event to reflect staffing needs.
Once you are approved as a requester, you can submit a request for your event. Only requests submitted via this online process will be considered. Submitting a request does not guarantee space in the theater; a booking is completed once theater availability has been confirmed and a contract has been signed. If you need assistance filling out the form or if you have questions about the booking process, please contact Matthew Weyer.
Please read the Sun Prairie Performing Arts Rental Agreement and Procedures.
Rehearsal & Day-of-Show Schedule
Rehearsal for a live performance event is an important time for establishing sound and light cues, helping performers familiarize themselves with the space, and preparing for your event. The rehearsal is also a critical time for our stage crew to learn what they need to know in order to make your performance a success. When thinking about how to schedule your rehearsal and performance times, please keep the following things in mind:
- Doors open 30 minutes before your show start time.
- Stagehands and crew need a 1 hour break before the doors open, and activity on stage needs to be done before that break.
- Therefore, all rehearsing, tech set-up, sound checks, etc. must be completed 1.5 hours before your performance start time. The stage must be cleared at that time.
- Please be aware that some events require an additional day of tech preparation before the performance. If you are producing a touring show, please provide the tech rider before you schedule your dates so that we can determine if an additional day of tech set-up will be needed.
- If you’re not sure about the rehearsal requirements for your event, please contact the staff to discuss.
- If your performance requires cues of any kind, we require a script. The script is an outline describing each segment of the show in order with the required light, sound, video, and fly rail cues.
Backstage information for performers and sample scripts are available upon request.
Theater User's Checklist
At least 4 weeks before event:
- Set up meeting with Matthew Weyer (either in person or over the phone) to finalize contract, go over event logistics, and receive a cost estimate. At this meeting you’ll receive a Tech Chart template, a Theater Usage Agreement and Estimate, and any other necessary information.
Set up ticket sales with box office (if applicable) using this form (note: this must be submitted 10 business days prior to your target tickets-on-sale date).
At least 1 week before event:
- Tech Chart template is due (if applicable)
- Provide final rehearsal & day-of-show schedule and event script
- Provide any media files (audio or video) in mp3 or mp4 format
- Requests and changes that are communicated to theater staff less than 1 week prior to the event date cannot always be honored, and may require extra charges. It is highly recommended to communicate all event details in writing (e-mail preferred) or face-to-face meeting with theater staff one month in advance of your event.
After the event:
- You will receive an invoice from SPASD Business Office after your event; final payment is due within 30 business days after invoice date.
- Past due balances must be paid off before new events can be booked in the theater.