Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do if my child is absent?
- What do I do if there's been a change to after school pick up plans?
- What do I do if my child has an appointment?
- Can my student eat on the bus?
- What's the rule about electronics on the bus?
- How do I add money to my student's lunch account?
Parent(s)/guardian(s) may report a student absence to CH Bird Elementary 24 hours per day by calling our Attendance Line at 834-7300, press 1 to report a student's absence. Then, please leave a short message with the following information:
- Child’s name
- Teacher’s name or grade
- Reason for absence
- Who is calling
Please DO NOT call or email your child’s teacher, as this message is not often relayed to attendance desk, which may result in you receiving a phone call.
Please call the attendance line before 9 am any morning your child will NOT be in school. If we don’t hear from you, we will contact you at home or work. We want to make sure of your child’s safe arrival.
Your child’s absence will be considered UNEXCUSED if:
- we do not receive a call from you by 9 am.
- the reason for the absence is in question. In this case, Student Services will discuss the situation with you.
- your child has a pattern of absences/tardiness. In this case, you will receive a letter from Student Services.
Please try to make arrangements for after-school pick ups with your child prior to the start of the day.
We understand circumstances change and will try to deliver messages by the end of the day. Please call the Welcome Secretary at 834-7309 if that is the case. However, to minimize missed messages or classroom disruptions, it is helpful to know the plan in advance.
If your student has an appointment before school or during the school day, please call the Attendance Line at 834-7300, press 1 to leave the following information:
- Name of Student
- Student's Teacher
- Time of Appointment
- If the student will be returning to school
If you are picking a student up during the school day you must sign them out in the main office.
Please remember that there is absolutely NO eating allowed on district buses. Many students have life-threatening food allergies that could be affected by others eating on the bus.
If your child does not get a chance to eat breakfast at home before school, please make sure he/she knows to wait until they arrive at school before eating to ensure the safety of everyone.
If your child is given a snack or treat at the end of the day we also ask that they eat it at school or wait until they get home.
Cell phones and personal electronics are allowed on school buses. However, students are asked to please be respectful and responsible when using their phones and other devices. Headphones or earbuds are required when listening to music or videos as to not distract the driver or disrupt other students. Absolutely no flash or bright lights are allowed - this is a major safety issue for the driver. All school and district policies and procedures relating to personal electronic devices also apply while students are on the bus.
Payments should be made through Infinite Campus in the following way:
- From the District Website www.sunprairieschools.org, click on the Infinite Campus icon.
- Log in to Infinite Campus with your username and password
- If you need assistance accessing Infinite Campus, please request help here