Welcome to Central Heights - Home of the Huskies!
We proudly serve our students in grades 6, 7 and 8. As a community of learners, we believe it is our responsibility to provide the best environment for our students throughout these important years of their lives. Please take a moment to visit our web site and learn more about us.
Our Points of Pride
- We offer over 15 active clubs/activities for students to engage in after school, coupled with an option to utilize the activity bus so transportation is not an issue!
- We host 3 family nights throughout the school year to help connect families and create a community feel to our school.
- We are a community school site that partners with the families we serve.
- We offer a broad range of elective classes for students: technology education, general music, band, orchestra, choir, digital music, physical education, agriculture, CTE and digital design courses, family and consumer science courses, and art. We are also AVID schoolwide which supports all students to be college and career ready.
- We host over 40 career panelists throughout May to help students explore careers and hear directly from employees what a day in their life looks like.
- We utilize Restorative Practices to support a Culture of Care in our school, and begin each school year by engaging in community circles so students can get to know each other better and learn the community circle process which is used throughout the school year in their classes
- SP30 Scope and Sequence is used to engage students in social-emotional learning that is based upon the principles of PBIS, Developmental Design, Circles of Power and Respect, and Second Step so that more students are equipped from fall to spring with skills and tools to use in their academic and life journey.