EXCITING CHANGES FOR Summer School 2020
Enrollment in our Summer School programs continues to grow, doubling in size in just a few short years. Based on attendance data and input from stakeholders, the District continues to respond to the needs of students and families, leading to some exciting changes on the horizon for Summer School 2020:
- Summer School will now be one five-week program to allow students and their families, as well as our staff a break before starting the fall 2020 school year.
- The Summer School will run June 22–July 23.
- Classes will be held Monday–Thursday, 8:00 a.m.–1:30 p.m. This will give all students the opportunity to participate in four classes and enjoy breakfast and lunch, which will be prepared by the District nutrition staff.
- Registration will be done in Infinite Campus, through your Parent Portal. You will be able to “request” four (4) classes and two (2) alternate classes to fill your students’ schedule.
- Registration will be open starting March 9 until April 15, giving families five weeks to request the classes your students are interested in taking.
Students who qualify for transportation based on home location will need to have a full schedule (8 a.m.–1:30 p.m.)
High school students will be provided numerous opportunities to earn credits and participate in specialized classes. There are also a variety of “camp type” and performing opportunities provided for all students outside of the regular five-week session. We are proud that so many students take advantage of the learning opportunities we offer through Summer School.
To assist students, families, and staff in planning, we are pleased to share the Summer School 2020 dates, times, and locations.
Summer School 2020 will be held on Monday through Thursday, June 22 to July 23, 2020, 8:00 am - 1:30 pm daily.
- Elementary schools will open at 7:00 am for the early arrival class.
- Breakfast and lunch will be served at all sites.
Summer School 2020 Locations and Principals:
- Creekside (Creekside & Royal Oaks students)
- Eastside (Eastside & Northside students)
- Meadow View (Meadow View & Horizon students)
- Token Springs (Token Springs & CH Bird students)
- Westside (Westside students only)
- Mark Bussian
- Please be aware that Buena Vista Street from Beech to North Bird Street will be under construction from April to August. Drivers, bikers, and walkers should be aware and adjust their travel accordingly. This construction will not impact student drop off or pick up at any Summer School site.
Middle and Upper Middle Level Schools & High School (this includes all 5th graders - 11th grade)
- Sun Prairie High School (Middle and Upper Middle)
- Katie Nobui
NOTE: Cardinal Heights Upper Middle School will be under construction in summer 2020.
- Sun Prairie High School
Alternative High School