The Sun Prairie Area School District offers one of the largest and most diverse Summer School Programs in the state.
Summer Educational programs are offered to students ranging in age from 4-18 year olds (high school seniors), and we provide district sponsored transportation and nutritional services. The majority of our Summer School staff members are in-district teachers and support staff members, we also attract teachers from surrounding school districts.
2018 Summer School Sites:
- Sun Prairie High School will host Sun Prairie High students
- Prairie Phoenix Academy will host Prairie Phoenix Academy students
- Prairie View Middle School will host all 5-8th grade students
- C.H. Bird Elementary School will host all C.H. Bird & Westside students (4K-4th)
- Creekside Elementary School will host Creekside & Royal Oaks students (4K-4th)
- Northside Elementary School will host Northside & Eastside students (4K-4th)
- Horizon Elementary School will host Horizon students (4K-4th)
There will be no June or July classes at Cardinal Heights Upper Middle School, Eastside Elementary, Royal Oaks Elementary, or Westside Elementary Schools.
Summer School 2018 will have 2 Sessions and 3 Periods in each day:
- Session 1: June 18 - July 3, 2018
- Session 2: July 9 - July 26, 2018
- Review and Initial Credit Sessions are held for the entire June 18 - July 26, 2018 timeframe
- Classes are held on Monday through Thursday
- No classes will be held on July 4 & 5, 2018
- There are three class periods for K-8 students:
- Period 1 - 8:00 am - 9:10 am
- Period 2 - 9:15 am - 10:25 am
- Period 3 - 10:45 am - 11:55 am
- K-8 students who are eligible for busing must register and participate in all three class periods to receive busing to and from school during Summer School.
- Students who are only participating in the 8:00-9:10 am class period may receive busing from home to school ONLY.
- Students who are only participating in the 10:45-11:55 am class period may receive busing from school to home ONLY.
- Students who are only participating in the 9:15-10:25 am class period may NOT receive busing.
Orientation classes, instrumental music classes, advanced placement classes, and musical theater workshop/performance classes will be held in August 2018.
INCOMING KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS
The Sun Prairie Area School District will be excited to welcome our newest and youngest learners to the elementary program in Summer School 2018. We invite parents/guardians of INCOMING Kindergarten children to enjoy this introductory video that Principals Tracey Rosin & Melissa Paynter developed. More information will be shared with parents/guardians at a later date.
Coordinator of Prairie Phoenix Academy and High School Programs
Coordinator of Middle and Upper Middle School Programs
SHELLEY JOAN WEISS
District Director of Summer School
Sun Prairie Area School District
If you have canceled a student’s registration, the District will provide a full (100%) refund of registration fees so long as a refund request is made prior to the start date of the summer school session for which the refund is requested. If a refund request is submitted on or after the start date of the summer school session for which a refund is requested, no refund will be issued. If you have registered for both summer school sessions and have requested a refund after the start date of the first summer school session, the District will provide a refund for the second session only. Exceptions may be made in extenuating circumstances, at the discretion of the District. To request a refund, contact the coordinator for your child’s level.
Refunds may be applied to a student’s account (the account of the student whose registration is being canceled) or may be issued to you directly. Refunds will be processed as soon as possible, but generally take at least one month to process.
The Sun Prairie Area School District (the “District”) works with vendors who directly process credit card and debit card payments that may be made for registration and other services or activities. The District does not receive non-public personal information as defined under federal or state laws nor does the District receive Cardholder Data requiring compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS). Nonetheless, the District’s website is secure and the District maintains full compliance with PCI DSS standards. The limited payment-related information that the District receives from its vendors is truncated and encrypted. We do not share this information. Should you wish to receive information related to our vendors’ privacy policies or data security standards, please contact us.